Weekly Reflection 1

 This week has come with its -ups and downs. The start of the week went very well, as I was almost ahead of being on track. I had everything practically cut out by mid-week. However, this changed when I realized that I had messed up the sizing of my patterns. Then I had to go out and hunt down the same prints in my own sizes. This took some time but soon I was back on track with the correct sized patterns cut out. 

While I had all of the skirt of the dress cutout I did not have enough fabric for the rest of the top. I have decided to focus on the skirt for the time being and if I have the time to finish the top I will do that when the time comes. While I am already a bit setback, I believe if I use my time wisely during my second week I may be able to catch right back up to where I wanted to be! It will take more time however, if I plan it right I definitely can do it. 

My goal is to have all the fabric cut out and ready to sew by the end of Monday. Then by the end of Tuesday, I plan to have all my sewing done so that way all of Wednesday I can either decide to focus on detail or the top of the dress. By Thursday or Friday night, I should have the dress completed and ready to present for my Public Display. While this will definitely be a challenge, I will have to use my hours in the morning and after tennis very wisely and efficiently. Worst-case scenario, I could choose to make the top slightly more basic to get it done quickly. I will have to reevaluate by Tuesday to make the final decision. Can't wait to see where I am at by my second reflection!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Week 2

Day 6 (May 13th)

Day 2 (May 9th) Finishing My Concentration